Sunday, March 20, 2011

Slow Start

I've not managed to get the project underway yet, for various reasons, but I'm hopeful of constructing the workshop soon.

I have planning permission for a garage, which I was hoping to temporarily modify to allow me to build my F32. I've been in dialogue with the council planning department for six weeks now and should know the outcome this week. If refused, then I'll build the garage to the existing plans, which will allow me to construct all the smaller parts of the boat and find somewhere nearby to build the floats and main hull.

I've been using my time to study the F32 plans in more detail and have decided on the aft cabin version with a daggerboard.

7 comments:

CrashGybe 22 said...

Geez, what a battle to start a build out with. Hope that it gets easier from this point on.

Andrew
www.andrew-mcleod.com

DB_Boatwerx said...

Looks like you and I are pretty much on the same track... I'll be building a 39 and should be starting on the beams and smaller parts in the next few months. LONG road ahead! So I guess we can compare notes, eh? :)

Unknown said...

Hello,
I would like to know if you have completed the construction of your trimaran.
Mr. FARRIER being dead, I can only look for boat plans that have not been completed.
If that's your case and if you want to sell your plans, I'm interested. Thank you for getting in touch with me.
Best regards,

Yann VALLEE, from FRANCE

Derek said...

Yann, sorry but I’ve only just checked my blog and seen your message. Life got in the way of the boat project, and I haven’t had time to build the boat. Contact me if you’re still interested.

Unknown said...

Hello!
I am studying materials for the construction of the f-32 trimaran. In my country, no one has ever built such boats. Trying to reduce the construction budget and find out the availability of materials. I want to ask you to send a list of materials from the project.

Nikolay
kalyava@list.ru

Sam Wilson said...

Derek, I and a friend are very much interested in your plans if still available. Please contact us.

Derek said...

Sam, please send me an email so that I can contact you directly.

Derek Hulme
derekhulme4@gmail.com